Recipe: Soup Sunday; Buffalo Chicken Soup!

October 19, 2014

Soup Sunday! Adam and I made this soup a while ago and I found it again and with only a few changes was able to make it paleo! Sticking with our themes for spicy soups, this one did not disappoint. I promise I'll make a non-spicy soup soon! I'm sorry I only have a finished product pic, but it's pretty basic, 6 items, one crockpot. Next time, more pics, I promise. But in the meantime, Buffalo Chicken Soup.

Ingredients: 
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 48 ounces low-sodium broth
  • 2/3-1 cup buffalo wing sauce (depending on how spicy you like it!) We found a good paleo version of wing sauce at Whole Foods. 
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
  • green onions
  • 1 avocado, sliced
How to Make: 
  1. Place chicken, celery, onion, garlic, broth and wing sauce in the crockpot. 
  2. Cook on low for 6 hours. 
  3. Remove chicken from crockpot and shred chicken. 
  4. Create a slurry by whisking cornstarch and milk together. (not as good as if using cream, but still worked) 
  5. Add the mixture to the crockpot, turn it to high and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until soup is slightly thickened. 
  6. Dish soup into bowls and serve with avocado and green onions (cheese if non-paleo!) 
  7. Enjoy! 

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all of you and greatly appreciate all your feedback and comments! xx Kristen